Hoping to incorporate more authentic listening opportunities in your French immersion class ( or any second language class)? If yes, then read on.
- With Edpuzzle you can create a classroom with idividual student logins.
- You can then push videos and other content to your students.
- Select videos from a wide range of sources, including; YouTube, Vimeo, And Ted.
- Trim, clip and edit the videos to present only what you want students to view.
- Embed questions into the videos (true false, multiple choice, open response).
- Teacher Dashboard displays student responses and progress.
- Easily link your assessments via Google sheets/drive.
You can create your own projects or search and use projects created by others.
Some potential uses in a second language classroom.
- Verb/grammar diagnostic or review tasks
- Enhance vocabulary with subject specific content
- Create your own videos, post questions
- Have students create videos and post questions for the class
- Flip your class – Students can view videos as part of their at home learning.
Another excellent video site for second language learners. This site/app provides levelled videos (mainly from YouTube) that come with transcripts and translations. All vocabulary words are linked to a dictionary. Lots of kid friendly and relevant pop culture material to view.
This site is best suited, at this time, to individual student learning. The reason being that it is mainly a paid $$$ site. There are no options to set up a class to manage and view student progress. This program does have free content to explore and is really worth a look for any second language teacher.
You can read an excellent, detailed review by Olly Richards here.